Monday, April 18, 2011

Got Heroes?

I have a new soul mate hero!  


He's dead; but none-the-less, his words connect with my soul.  We agree!  We see a desperate need for authentic, deep, soul conversation.  This is the whole reason for this SOS blog, by the way, scary as it was to begin it!


Frank Laubach was born in 1884.  I graduated from High School in 1984 - one hundred years later.  We're generations apart, yet,  we have a lot in common.  I just wanted to share with you today one thing we have in common.  Here's a quote from one of his writings as he was considering sharing his soul talk with the public:


"In defense of my opening my soul and laying it bare to the public gaze in this fashion, I may say that it seems to me that we really seldom do anybody much good excepting as we share the deepest experiences of our souls in this way.  It is not the fashion to tell your inmost thoughts, but there are many wrong fashions, and concealment of the best in us is wrong.  I disapprove of the usual practice of talking "small talk" whenever we meet, and holding a veil over our souls.  If we are so impoverished that we have nothing to reveal but small talk, then we need to struggle for more richness of soul.  As for me, I am convinced that this spiritual pilgrimage which I am making is infinitely worthwhile, the most important thing I know of to talk about.  And talk I shall while there is anybody to listen."


I am so with you Frank!  Can't wait to meet this guy in heaven.



No comments:

Post a Comment